"All my hopes and expectations:
Looking for an explanation.
Have I found my destination?"

Saturday 26 February 2011

Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud...

You know how sometimes things seem to happen in slow motion? To me those times usually involve one of the kids crashing into something or falling over, with me powerless, too slow to prevent the inevitable. Well today wasn’t like that. One moment James was running full-pelt across the grass towards the bus stop, next thing I knew he was on his back in a muddy mess. Literally caked in the stuff from his boots to his shoulders (kept his head up so no mud in his hair). He didn’t hurt himself, was just a bit shocked so once he got over that he found it incredible funny. Only problem was I now had a very messy boy and two buses to sit on before I could get him home and changed.

From the front he looked fine, but from behind… I managed to persuade him to kneel at the window on the first bus so he could see out, by the second bus the mud was dry enough that I was sure it wouldn’t weld itself to the seat if he sat down. The looks we got from other passengers though: you’d think he was covered in blood, not mud. Come on: he’s a boy, he’s three – he does pretty well at staying clean most of the time.

Trousers and coat are currently soaking along with yesterday’s clothes he got filthy at the park. ‘Most of the time’ he’s clean – honestly!

Beautiful sunset tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment