"All my hopes and expectations:
Looking for an explanation.
Have I found my destination?"

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Favourite Toy

I love my kids. They drive me up the wall and make me want to tear my hair out sometimes (not as often these days though) – but I wouldn’t change them for the world.

Sophie’s had a bit of a stroppy afternoon but she ended her day by giving me the biggest cuddle I’ve had in a long time, telling me that she loves me so much and thanking me for not getting cross with her when she was whingey. Actually says a lot about how things have changed in our house over the past few weeks.

James’ current bedtime routine involves me having to ask him set questions (at the right time, in the right order) before he’ll be ready to settle.

“Do you want your music on?”

“Are you taking any toys to bed with you tonight?”

….

That’s as far as I got tonight. He grabbed me and said he was keeping me as I’m his favourite toy. Took a while to escape: he’s getting really strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment